Chamber Music Seminar 2021
Monday, July 26th - Friday, July 30th
10am - 1pm, in person | 2pm - 4pm, online clinic
Join us for a week of fantastic opportunities!
- Expand your horizons through jazz, entrepreneurship & more
- Grow as a well-rounded musician
- Immerse yourself into every aspect of performance
- Meet with distinguished faculty & guests
- Open to strings, woodwinds, French horn & piano students ages 11 to 18
- Also open to adult amateur musicians, dependent on the ability to form a viable adult ensemble based on the number of participants registered. Adults will participate with other adults only, and will not be performing in any ensembles with children.
Chamber Music Seminar Details
Dates: Monday, July 26 through Friday, July 30, 2021
Performance on Friday, July 30, 2021
- All pieces will be performed in person at PYCO School of Music and live streamed online. Specific details will be determined closer to the performance date.
Due to the highly individualized nature of this program, no refunds will be given after July 12, 2021. No refunds will be made for failure to attend or incomplete attendance for any reason.
Auditions: The Chamber Music Seminar is open to students ages 11 to 18 who play string instruments, woodwind instruments, French horn, or piano. For chamber music group placement purposes, an audition is required. Video auditions may be sent to email@example.com. The audition deadline is Monday, July 19, 2021.
Meet the Faculty
Students are instructed by prominent artists and teachers of national and international renown with extensive experience and expertise as educators, chamber musicians, and members of major musical groups.
Seminar faculty and guest artists include musicians from the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Opera, Pittsburgh Ballet, Kassia Ensemble, Carnegie Mellon University, and Duquesne University.
- Business Masterclass
- Monique Mead (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Cello Masterclass
- Dr. Carmine Miranda (Belmont University, RLU Records)
- Chamber Music Masterclass
- Mikhail Istomin (Pittsburgh Symphony)
- Irish Fiddling Workshop
- Jazz Workshop
- Piano Improv
- Bryan Sable (City Charter High School; Director of Music at Coraopolis United Methodist Church)
- Violin Masterclass
- Anna Reider (Cinncinnatti Symphony Orchestra)
*Guest artists are subject to change.